Thursday, August 02, 2007

A Couple More

I have it on good authority (thanks, Dad!) that the heron in my previous post is a Great Blue Heron. Once I got the name, I looked it up and turns out they're common all over the country. We're not usually all that close to shore, so maybe that's why we've never noticed one before. Or maybe they're more common on the river. That picture was taken at the north end of Mohave, where it starts to look less like a lake and more like a river.

Anyway, I pulled a couple more back yard pictures together, same birds. I've been using them for practice off and on, so they are pretty used to me in the yard and don't seem to mind. These were just a few I thought turned out ok.

Our feisty little hummingbird again. You can see why I'm having a hard time deciding what she is. Other than a greenish back, she really has no markings.

You lookin' at me, bub??




And here's another of the young Verdin , same one I think. The youngsters are still a little fluffy, they don't look quite grown up yet. I think their legs are funny, they seem awfully long for such a little bird.





So I think that's pretty much all the decent critter pictures I have right now, we'll have to take some more before I can post more.

No comments: